Frozen Coconut Milk Fruit Bars (Oldways)
Makes 8 popsicles
Ice Cream Base
1 13oz can of Coconut Milk
1/4 cup raw coconut sugar (or preferred sweetener, to taste)
Other Ingredients (use however much you like)
Frozen fruit (bananas, mango, blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
Finely chopped mint, rosemary, basil or other favorite herbs (optional)
1. Blend the coconut milk and sweetener until smooth.
2. Fill popsicle molds with small pieces of fruit and chopped herbs leaving room for the ice cream to fill in.
3. Then carefully and slowly pour the sweetened coconut milk into your popsicle molds until they are full.
4. Set popsickle sticks into the center of each mold.
5. Place in the freezer overnight or until frozen solid. Take them out individually and enjoy immediately!
Oldways’ mission is to inspire good health through cultural food traditions.
At Oldways, nutrition, culture and sustainability are built into our main mission of preserving and promoting traditional foods in ways that are good for people and good for the planet. To this end, we’ve organized a range of conferences – from scientific ones focusing on the commonsense truth around traditional diets to overseas symposia to introduce chefs, journalists and everyday food lovers to the classic dishes of Morocco, Spain, Tunisia, Italy, Greece, France and Turkey. We develop resources to help consumers and health professionals embrace traditional diets and use healthy ingredients. We also founded the Chefs’ Collaborative to support local and sustainable foods in America’s restaurants.