Black Bean Enchiladas (Healthy Grocery Girl)
1 cup dry quinoa
2 cups water
1 can (15-ounces) black beans
1 medium sweet red bell pepper
1 cup green onion, sliced
Enchilada sauce (Organic store-bought)
12 Organic corn tortillas
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Rinse quinoa with a sieve and then add rinsed quinoa into a stove top pot with water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and let cook for 15 – 20 minutes
3. Meanwhile, drain and rinse beans
4. Wash and dice sweet red bell pepper
5. Add enchilada sauce to a dish then layer with tortilla, quinoa, red bell pepper, black beans, olives, green onion & then start all over again.
6. For the top layer only add corn tortilla, enchilada sauce, red bell pepper, olives & finish with green onion
7. Cover with parchment paper and tin foil and then bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 – 30 minutes
Megan Roosevelt is a plant-based Registered Dietitian, the founder and CEO of Healthy Grocery Girl® and the #1 Family Friendly Dietitian on YouTube. She is an internationally published author, host, producer, as well as a nutrition expert for television and magazines. Her work has been featured on ABC, CBS, OWN, Home & Family, Shape, Health, Prevention, Real Simple, The Huffington Post and Origin Magazine, to name a few. Megan lives in sunny Los Angeles, California with her husband & business partner, Aaron Roosevelt.