Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta (Wholesomely Fit)
1 packaged spaghetti noodles (16 ounce) – I prefer whole wheat or GF *
2 avocados, peeled and pitted
2-3 cloves garlic
1½ – 2 c fresh basil leaves
1½ Tbs nutritional yeast
1 Tbs lemon juice
Salt & pepper, to taste
olive oil (optional)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. While noodles are cooking, prepare the avocado pesto using a food processor or high powered blender.
3. Place avocados, garlic cloves, basil, nutritional yeast and lemon juice in food processor and puree until smooth and well mixed. Scrape down sides of processor to ensure all ingredients are well mixed in. (You may need to add olive oil, but I didn’t have to, to help with consistency)
4. Stir in salt and pepper to your taste.
5. Once noodles are done, drain and rinse and return to pan. Then stir in the avocado pesto. (I had a little sauce leftover. It keeps in the fridge for a couple of days)
* Note from VEG OUT Challenge:
- Could swap in a lentil or bean noodle for added protein
- We suggest serving with sautéed veggies (broccoli, kale, onion)
My name is Bryanna and I have my masters in Human Nutrition. I love running, cooking nutritious meals and educating others on how to eat healthier and stay active.
My time is spent hiking, baking, doing yoga, running, and researching more on nutrition and health.
I am a wife and new mom, a Nuun ambassador and a RunJanji ambassador.