Collard Power Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing (Delish Knowledge)
1 cup butternut squash cubes
1 tsp. oil
1 package shredded collards or 6-8 cups collard leaves, center rib removed and leaves shredded
1 cup shredded carrots
2 large tomatoes, sliced into thin ½ moons
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled to room temperature
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
⅛ cup hemp seeds
1 garlic clove, grated
½ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
1 large lemon, zested and juiced (about ¼ cup)
⅛ tsp. smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss butternut squash cubes with 1 tsp. oil and pinch salt/pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Prepare dressing by combing all ingredients for lemon-tahini dressing. Whisk together and season with salt/pepper.
- Place shredded collards into a large bowl. Add a few tablespoons of dressing onto the collards and massage well.
- Add the butternut squash, black beans, carrots, tomatoes, cooked quinoa and ¼ cup dressing.
- Toss well, massage into remaining ingredients.
- Top with pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing if you wish!
I’m Alexandra Caspero, Registered Dietitian, Yoga Teacher and certified vegetable lover.
Specializing in plant based diets, weight management, and sports nutrition, I help clients find their healthiest relationship with food by discovering their “happy weight.” Ready to take control of your nutrition goals? Head over to my services page to find out more.
I also work as a Nutrition Communications consultant, freelance writer, speaker, and spokesperson. I work with companies to provide customized nutrition education and recipe development.