Simple Overnight Oats (Kristina DeMuth, MPH, RD)
Change up oats a little bit today … make it however you LIKE it! We LOVED it with a scoop of almond or peanut butter added in!
Stir the following together in a glass jar, container, or a cup that you can cover:
- 1/2 cup dry oats
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 banana (chopped into bite-size slices) and/or fruit of your choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or give another favorite spice a try)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
Cover your mixture and place it in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning you can either heat it up in a microwave-safe dish or eat it cold! Simple, nutritious, and delicious! If you want to get creative, try a different fruit, such as chopped apples or berries.
Chia-seeds are a little nutrition powerhouse. I wrote about their awesome nutrition profile here.