Cranberry Maple Steel Cut Oatmeal (Delish Knowledge)
1 cup steel cut oats
2 cups water
¼ tsp salt
2 cups fresh cranberries, plus more for garnish
¾ cup water
⅓ cup maple syrup
½ cup 100% orange juice
⅓ cup toasted pecans, for garnish
orange zest, for garnish
1. Bring 2 cups water and salt to a boil then add steel cut oats. Reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 – 20 minutes, depending on how chewy you like your cereal. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand covered for a couple of minutes before mixing.
2. Meanwhile, make the cranberry sauce. Combine cranberries, water, syrup, and orange juice in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat.
3. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until cranberries have softened completely and liquid is bright red, approximately 10 minutes.
4. Mix ½ of the cranberry sauce into the cooked oatmeal and stir until incorporated, adding more syrup if desired.
5. Divide oatmeal among 4 bowls and top with remaining cranberry sauce, pecans and orange zest.
I’m Alexandra Caspero, Registered Dietitian, Yoga Teacher and certified vegetable lover.
Specializing in plant based diets, weight management, and sports nutrition, I help clients find their healthiest relationship with food by discovering their “happy weight.” Ready to take control of your nutrition goals? Head over to my services page to find out more.
I also work as a Nutrition Communications consultant, freelance writer, speaker, and spokesperson. I work with companies to provide customized nutrition education and recipe development.