Orange Dream Smoothie (Kris Carr)
& Vegan French Toast (WholesomelyFit)
ORANGE DREAM SMOOTHIE from KRIS CARR
Yield: 2 servings
1 orange, peeled, pith removed, and cut into quarters
1 banana, frozen
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
1/8 cup raw cashews
1 1/2 cups nondairy milk of choice
1. Wash and prep all ingredients.
2. Blend till smooth and serve.
Photo Credit: Kate Lewis
See original recipe here
VEGAN FRENCH TOAST from WHOLESOMELY FIT
* A Note from VEG OUT Challenge: Serve topped with all natural peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter) and bananas.
Serves: 12-14 French Toast Slices
1 ripe banana
¾ c almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 dashes of nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
12-14 slices of GF Bread of your choice
1. In blender, puree all ingredients until smooth (except the bread of course). You want it to be a thicker mixture.
2. Pour mixture into a pie dish or flat dish big enough for dipping bread slices.
3. Dip slices of bread into the “egg” mixture, coating both sides of bread and place on a lightly greased griddle or in a greased skillet.**
4. Once browned on one side, flip bread and brown on the other side.
5. Enjoy topped with coconut oil, maple syrup or agave, with powdered sugar sprinkled on top (if you want to splurge a little).
6. **If using griddle turn temperature to 300-325 degrees. If using skillet cook over medium heat.
7. Store leftovers in the fridge and reheat in a toaster oven or oven.
* Photo courtesy Kristina DeMuth, MPH, RD
Kris Carr is a New York Times and #1 Amazon best-selling author, speaker and wellness activist. She is the subject and director of the documentary, Crazy Sexy Cancer, which aired on TLC and The Oprah Winfrey Network. Kris is also the author of the award-winning Crazy Sexy book series. Her latest books, Crazy Sexy Diet, Crazy Sexy Kitchen, and Crazy Sexy Juice will change the way you live, love and eat! Kris regularly lectures at hospitals, wellness centers, corporations such as Whole Foods, and Harvard University. Media appearances include: Good Morning America, Today, The Early Show, CBS Evening News, Access Hollywood, The Doctors, The Gayle King Show, Super Soul Sunday and The Oprah Winfrey Show. As an irreverent foot soldier in the fight against disease, Kris inspires countless people to take charge of their health and happiness by adopting a plant-passionate diet, improving lifestyle practices and learning to live and love like you really mean it. In Oprah’s words, “Kris Carr’s riveting journey started a revolution …” Her motto: Make juice not war!
My name is Bryanna and I am an aspiring Nutritionist, with my Masters in Human Nutrition. I am married and just recently became a new mom, I have an amazing husband, Marc and a beautiful baby girl, referred to as R on my blog!! I am happy to call myself a wife, mother and runner.